A rare opportunity to build a career in grants administration by learning from one of best in the business
This newly created role Project Support Officer and Executive Assistant offers an exciting opportunity to join the one of Australia’s leading Grants Management Consultants – Georgie Bailey.
closed 6pm May 17th 2021
The Project Support Officer and Executive Assistant supporting the success of Georgie Bailey
Georgie Bailey provides end to end grants management consultancy services to grant program teams, government departments, trusts, foundations, for purpose organisations.
Services include grants program design, grants management evaluation, business process design, SmartyGrants grants management system design, SmartyGrants specialist implementation and advanced training. Georgie assists organisation with complex grant making needs across Australia, across the world.
You will be involved in support elements of the business, customer projects, researching and drafting reports and presentations, completing administrative workflow processes and stakeholder communication on behalf Georgie.
About the role
The primary objective of the role is to provide high calibre project support to assist with business development proposals, end to grants management consultancy, bespoke SmartyGrants grants management system build / implementation, bespoke training and exceptional executive assistance to Georgie.
This role encompasses the need for high level organisational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the need for initiative and analytical thinking. It requires the ability to co-ordinate competing priorities.
The role is based in Canberra but may require some domestic travel to Melbourne and other Australian cities to support the delivery of projects.
Flexible work arrangements
While work hours are permanent part time, they are flexible. The role would suit people who need to balance work with other commitments. If your parental or carer responsibilities need to be considered in your work hours, we can be flexible. Client meetings do need to be attended but a schedule that works can be arranged.
A combination of work in the office and from home would be supported for the right person. You need to be self-motivated and able to operate with minimal direction. Be able to prioritise your work in order to meet multiple competing deadlines and the judgement to negotiate time frames with us and our clients to meet everyone’s needs.
The work can be fast and diverse, moving from one customer to another’s unique scenario in a day. You’ll need to be able to think on your feet and be willing to do everything from basic admin to more considered conceptual thinking to solve our customers business problems.
We pride ourselves on customer service so great customer facing skills as well as the ability to be quick and responsive to enquiries is essential. We deal with government clients and their secure data so sound judgement, absolute confidentiality and willingness to undergo a police check is mandatory.
You don’t need to know everything now – it’s your can-do attitude that we want to shine. For example, while experience administering a grant program is valued it is not essential. We can train you. Your interest and willingness to learn along with solid transferable skills is what we are looking for. We also expect you to take responsibility for self-education – taking the initiative to find the information you need to do your job.
In addition, the role is responsible for participating in a range of administrative activities in support of our customers projects. It is a condition of your employment that you conduct your responsibilities in line with their values, contracted deliverables, and strategic objectives.
This varied role will require your efficient and accurate attention to detail, and you will be motivated and driven to learn new things and bring a positive solution focused attitude to the workplace.
Applications closed on Monday 17 May 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and contribute to client consultation sessions
- Minutes and meeting records
- Assist with planning and designing client specific business solutions for grant processes
- Draft system implementation and grant services proposals including quoting
- Assist with responding to requests for tender for grant systems or consulting services
- Monitor and maintain project plans and budgets including liaising with accounts team for invoicing
- Assist with customer enquiries including sales and service enquiries
Tasks when fully trained in the SmartyGrants system:
- Assist with grant system implementations
- Design and create online application forms (no coding skills required)
- Creation of SmartyGrants system reporting templates (excel and word)
- Assist with providing client training and support
- Assist in drafting bespoke training material for clients
Skills and Key Personal Attributes
We are looking for a person who not only can deliver on the duties set out above but who also:
- Holds relevant Tertiary Qualifications, with a minimum of 4+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Highly developed skills in all interpersonal communication requirements at an executive level with a commitment to excellence and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities within tight timelines.
- Demonstrates professional integrity and ability to work harmoniously within a team environment and autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with sensitive, complicated, and confidential duties with exceptional business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports to a High-level Stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research and analyse information.
- Has demonstrated experience using Microsoft office suite, in particular high-level skills with Word, PowerPoint and Excel and is enthusiastic about adopting and using technology in the workplace.
- Solutions focused and unflappable under pressure.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours on those occasions required by Georgie.
Experience using SmartyGrants
General Conditions of Employment
- The remuneration for this position is $55 per hour including super.
- The role is for part time hours of six hours (6) hours a day over five (5) days.
- There may be additional or out of hours work from time to time.
- The position may be required to travel to attend meetings and work off site.
- Applicants must be located in and have a genuine right to work in Australia
- This position is located in Monash, a suburb of Canberra. Georgie’s office is based in a dedicated part of her residence
- Georgie’s office is in what was previously her art studio, a light, art filled, open plan space that operates in a fairly informal manner, shared by with Tyra the office German shorthaired pointer
- Laptop computer and screen provided
- This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by Georgie and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.
Suitable applicants will be required to provide
- Proof of identity 100-point check (details will be advised after selection).
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship, Permanent Resident or holder of a valid work permit or visa.
- A satisfactory Police Certificate issued by Australian federal Police
- Will be subject to a probationary period of three (3) month
About your application
Applicants are required to submit:
- a current and detailed curriculum vitae; and
- a statement / pitch (max 2 page) that demonstrates how you could deliver on the duties described, addresses the skills and personal attributes required and tells us why we need to hire you and why you want to work with us
The selection process may include various selection tools in addition to interviews and reference checks.